Responsible for safe, efficient, and profitable operation of the Service Department; advises and makes recommendations to the Corporate Service Manager and/or Branch Manager with respect to the best interest of the Service Department; responsible for Service Department Customer Satisfaction; and negotiates customer complaints to a satisfactory conclusion.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers telephone calls from customers when they are experiencing mechanical/technical problems with equipment. Service Manager must lead the Service Department in determining the complaint, cause of failure, and correction needed to properly repair equipment to customer’s satisfaction.
- Develops, maintains, and adheres to a priority system for scheduling all service work, both customer and internal.
- Maintains all management reports necessary to audit the performance of department and individual employees. Service Manager oversees the Repair Order process which involves the time required for repair, parts used during the job, and the final invoice presented to the customer for payment.
- Schedules and assigns jobs and work areas to technicians according to their mechanical skills and knowledge. Bramlett Implement, INC. handles a broad range of products that include riding lawn mowers, commercial mowing equipment, utility vehicles, utility tractors, row-crop tractors, agricultural implements, and skid steer loaders. Common repairs involve gasoline engines, diesel engines, transmissions, etc.
- Ensures that all manufacturer Warranty and Product Improvement Programs are completed according to manufacturer’s requirements.
- Ensures that Service Department is equipped with the necessary special tools and service equipment is available and maintained in good working order.
- Schedules routine maintenance of Company-owned vehicles.
- Always conducts self so as to present a professional image of the dealership.
- Performs other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership.